Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Mysteries and Books and... Psychics?

So Der Boifriend, his older sister Ro and I were walking around later tonight, just chilling and we decided we should go to B&N. So we did and we were walking around looking at journals for Rubles, my badminton buddy, some Star Wars books, I pointed out the fact that Battle Royale is the ORIGINAL Hunger Games, and is better written, pointed out a book for UP (which is in my top 10 of movies, along with The Hobbit, Bed-knobs and Broomsticks, and many classics from my childhood~).

Apparently, Ro loves amigurumi, which is new to me. I know she crochets and is learning how to knit, but I didn't know she liked something so Japanese. She's very stoically Irish and American (I blame homeschooling for all of her life), but I was pleasantly surprised. BIRTHDAY PRESENT IDEA~

So we were looking around and I found a plushie version of Bilbo Baggins. Complete with fuzzy feet, his red coat and a little scarf. And Sting. Which is a necessity. But no Gandalf, which made me sad on many levels (I was planning to buy him for Der Boifriend, but since there was none and they probably won't get a shipment before Christmas I decided against waiting and bought him something else. HAHAHA I'm not telling my love~) (<= He reads all of my posts.)

Anyways so we were bored and were walking around and Ro and I decided to go to the mystery section of the store and flip all the books around so you saw the pages and not the spines.

And I got a picture!

Sorry Barnes and Noble clerks!
It took us about five minutes of furiously turning them around, one by one so that they were still in order. It was really fun actually. Now I know why being a deviant is so desirable... it's quite thrilling doing things you're not allowed to do normally.

Anyways that's basically all I did today. I slept in until noon, watched TV while I was painting my mom's Christmas presents, and then played Battleship over facebook chat with Der Boifriend.

And it was really funny too. We wrote the 10 by 10 grid on a piece of paper, one for each of us, and began to play. I beat the crap out of him. It wasn't really a competition. I hit 17 of my 27 tries. And most of my tries were next to the ships. He hit 10 of 27.

This just adds to the fact that he thinks that I'm psychic.

I finish everybody's sentences, I know exactly what they're thinking and say it out loud, I tend to be very lucky with games like this (card and board games), I have dreams where the dream comes true and so on and so forth. So once I was bored and chatting with him and Bean online and took a psychic test.

My result was (while I was actually trying) was usually somewhere close to 65%. And the probability of it was close to 30%. That added it on to. Bean was thoroughly convinced that I'm psychic. I tell him there are none but whatever.

Speaking of which, Bean's a funny nickname isn't it? He wanted to be Bane... like the character from The Dark Knight. So while he, Der Boifriend and I were chatting online (which we do quite often until the wee hours of the morning and I fall asleep) he told us that. So Der Boifriend, being the weird Celtic boy he is spelled it Baen 'cause it looked cooler and you pronounce it the same.

And so me, who was very tired and didn't read it right decided to call him Bean.

Poor poor Bean... He doesn't even like the name... Oh well whatever. He's used to being the verbal punching bag of the group. For some reason he just sets himself up like that ALL THE TIME. Der Boifriend and I think that perhaps he does it on purpose...

No comments:

Post a Comment