Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas, Ornaments and... Coffee?

Merry Christmas everybody! I hope you got what you were asking for.

It's funny. None of my family woke up today until like, 10 in the morning. My mom was planning to make coffee cake, which is my FAVORITE and ONLY beloved breakfast food (I do not count crepes... they're more of a snack food...) that I will actually eat DURING the morning hours.

I don't like all the sugar. I LOVE sweet things. As in, I will drown coffee in sugar because it's not sweet enough. That's how much I love sweets. But breakfast foods have just too much sugar in them.

Anyways there's an ornament on our Christmas tree that my mom got back in the day. I guess it was one of those short-run, one-year-only types of ornaments, 'cause I can't find ANY MORE of them online.

I've tried etsy, E-bay and I will try Amazon next. I hope Amazon has it. It's a cute little Victorian house that's a brown ceramic with some white ceramic on top to make it look like snow's fallen. The only problem with it is the fact that it's REALLY heavy. I think it's about half a pound or so. Which, for an ornament, is just a bit ridiculous.

But my mom loves it and so for her birthday (which is in June) or mothers' day, or some other random holiday I thought I'd get a couple more for her since she loves them so much.

But nope. They're nowhere to be found. I'm going to try Amazon once and see but so far NOTHING looks even remotely similar.

Nope.

Anyways my brother's girlfriend "Coraline" got an espresso maker from us this year as her Christmas present. So we decided to whip it out and try making something with it.

The first cup we used decaf coffee grounds, non-fat milk and tried it. The milk was cold and the espresso was really weak.

The second cup we tried non-decaf coffee which we ground extra fine in a little grinder, the non-fat milk and whipped it up again. It was better but the milk was weak.

Third time's the charm.

Anyways that's all we've done this morning and afternoon. Coraline's taking a nap, Alejandro is playing on his computer.... some game or whatever, and based on what I can hear, my mom's cleaning something in the Kitchen and my dad's playing his tank game.

All in all... Our Christmas festivities were all pretty limited to yesterday... When we opened our presents. But it was fun to hang out and fail at making coffee. Now we just need to play Eurorails and Jenga and then we're all good.

OOooooh. I found the ornaments. They're here... Gingerbread House Ornaments. I think they look adorable. Heee hee. The one we have is the "Townhouse" version. I think I like the Queen Anne Revival one best.

No comments:

Post a Comment