Thursday, December 27, 2012

Losing Things, Drawing Tablets and... Collars?

So my brother's girlfriend was at the house today. I might as well say fiancee... but I shouldn't jinx it. They'll be going out for four years as of the ninth of next month. Anyways she was sitting on his bed telling him where everything should go in his room and reprimanding him for keeping the bits and pieces of his models when he didn't really need them.

It made me laugh to see him getting made fun of. I'm a sadistic little sister.

Anyways while she was in his room a button on her shirt popped off. I said I'd sew it back for her. And so I did. Then when she put it on, she put it on so it made her (already naturally over-sized) breasts look EVEN larger. If that's even possible.

So she basically finished cleaning his room for him. Then I got amused 'cause she sounded like she wanted to try cleaning MY room.

And I finally realized that I kind of did need to clean it.

So I walked down the ten foot hall, yelled at them not to invade my room (which my brother usually likes to do anyways without asking) and got to work. For five minutes.

Until I remembered I needed to install my Bamboo Pen and Touch software onto my computer. I got a new one for graduation... nearly 6 months ago... and I have yet to do anything with it up until today.

So I broke that out of its drawer, plopped in the installation software and sat down. I didn't know it wanted the tablet attached during the installation... so I let it run for twenty minutes before I realized that I had to do stuff. So then I dug the actual tablet out of its drawer of crap and plugged that in then ignored it for another twenty minutes, then realized I had to manually click buttons first.

Then calibrate the thing to make sure the tablet has an accurate reading.

So I did that and was playing around on facebook, scrolling with it when I realized that maybe I should do some tracing practices to get my handling down with the pen.

So I looked in my pencil cup on my desk, which I usually keep my most often used utensils, and it wasn't there.

My room likes to eat things. It so far has eaten and spat back my friends' Christmas presents' finishing touches, my camera charger/computer cable, and now the pen. So I went looking for it. That took me a while.

All in all if I were a more organized person I'd have gotten my tablet setup in twenty minutes... but I didn't so it took me an hour. Huzzah!

Anyways I reprimanded my closet and then sat down... and suddenly lost the desire to do any drawing tonight. Which is a horrible thing... 'cause it's much easier to use a tablet then it is to draw things on paper, scan it to the computer, then edit things with a mouse.

And I've used a mouse to edit things quite often. In my High School's CG class we weren't allowed to use tablets until the NEXT level up... which I should've been in but they didn't let me skip. All we did was use photoshop... and I can do that ASLEEP and HIGH and still make things that are better than most of that class's. (Though I've never tried to use my tablet either high or asleep... perhaps I should try the latter...)

So that was my afternoon. Also I acted super pissy to my boyfriend's sister... I sniped at her since I'm on my monthlies without noticing. I'm a horrible person when I'm on my monthlies... Sorry Ro...

I got another collared, black, longsleeved shirt from the thrift store. But this time it has gold piping... so it doesn't look exactly like the others.

And I've realized that I really like wearing collared shirts. Which I hated with a burning PASSION when I was a kid. I even hated ones that were crew-necked. They just felt tight; like they were strangling me. But now I like having that feeling like my shirt is giving me a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment